11 November 2010

Colour Mistakes

A nice 'article' about colour mistakes in clothing from the Yahoo Lifestyle site:

1) Matchy matchy
“Women’s usual mistake with colour is trying to colour match their entire outfit,” confides Kirsty Attwood, Styling Manager at Selfridges, London. “Gone are the days of the ‘matching shoe and bag’ combination - have fun and add an extra tone or colour to your outfit.”

2) Overkill
Coco Chanel told us to always take one accessory off, and she was right. Too many colours all at once is guaranteed to kill a look. Caroline Hodson, personal shopper at Harvey Nichols, London, has this advice: “Always have in mind that less is more! For example, a key trend this season is leopard print. It’s easy to make the mistake of wearing too much of this print, but when done subtly, say with black skinny trousers this is a fantastic look.”


2 comments:

Halima said...

Oh I love your post! I love hijabs! They look so lovely.I wish one day I will be able to wear one. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your post, just one thing or sugestion: I think you should have blurred the faces of those girls, we should not point out the mistakes of others, I understand that the photo is to give an example but using a picture with of people's faces is worng.