23 December 2012
21 December 2012
13 December 2012
12 December 2012
This post is about nothing. There's just no way I could not publish something on such a significant day. Soo.. yes, here's my acknowledgement to a date combination that none of us will ever see ever again. Ever. How weird is that?!
I'm going to go and get a life now.
I'm going to go and get a life now.
10 December 2012
09 December 2012
I have no idea what to post about in terms of hijab style these days so I thought I'd show you what I wore the other day to a surprise party I went to for this adorable 11 year old girl who had just come back from hajj. Obviously the stuff is not exactly the same but it's very similar. I'm pretty unadventurous when it comes to non-hijabi fashion, I don't really like crazy dresses so I tend to always go for jeans + t-shirt + heels.
Love peplum tops :)
08 December 2012
1. Know that if you do not live within the scope of today, your thoughts will be scattered, your affairs will become confused, and your worrying will increase:
"When you are in the morning, do not expect to see the evening, and when you are in the evening, do not expect to see the morning."
2. Forget the past and all that it contained. Being absorbed in things that are gone is sheer lunacy.
3. Do not be preoccupied with the future. Because the future is in the world of the unseen, do not let it bother you until it comes.
4. Do not be shaken by criticism; instead, be firm. And know that, in proportion to your worth, the level of people's criticism rises.
5. Faith in Allah (swt) and good deeds: these are the ingredients that make up a good and happy life.
6. Whoever desires peace, tranquillity, and comfort can find it all in the remembrance of Allah (swt).
7. You should know with certainty that everything that happens, occurs in accordance with a divine decree.
8. Do not expect gratitude from anyone.
9. Train yourself to be ready and prepared for the worst eventuality.
10. Perhaps what has happened is in your best interest (though you may not comprehend how that is so).
11. Everything that is decreed for the Muslim is best for him.
12. Enumerate the blessings of Allah (swt) and be thankful for them.
13. Remember that you are better off than many others.
14. Remember that relief can come from one hour to the next.
15. In both times of hardship and ease, one should turn to supplication and prayer.
16. Calamities should strengthen your heart and reshape your outlook in a positive sense.
17. Indeed, with each difficulty there is relief.
18. Do not let trials be the cause of your destruction.
19. Indeed, remember that your Lord is Oft-Forgiving.
20. Do not be angry... Do not be angry... Do not be angry.
21. Life is bread, water, and shade; so do not be perturbed by a lack of any other material thing.
And in the heaven is your provision, and that which you are promised.
[Qur'an 51: 22]
22. Most evil that you think will happen never actually occurs.
23. Look at those who are afflicted and be thankful.
24. When Allah (swt) loves a person, He makes them endure trials.
25. You should constantly repeat supplications that the Prophet (bpuh) taught us to say during times of hardship.
26. Work hard at something that is productive, and cast off idleness.
27. Don't spread rumours and don't listen to them. If you hear a rumour inadvertently, then don't believe it.
28. Your malice and your striving to seek revenge are much more harmful to your health than they are to your antagonist.
29. The hardships that befall you atone for your sins.
I like numbers 4, 6, 8, 16, 27 the best.
02 December 2012
I thought I'd balance out the '11 things I really hate' post with one equally self-centred :D
1. My mum. Obviously :)
2. Have you ever met someone and liked them instantly, like you've been friends with them forever? I've only ever had that with one person, but it's the nicest feeling.
3. Music. Cliche perhaps, but I love it.
4. Do you know when you laugh until your cheeks and tummy hurt so much that you just can't anymore? That's so fun! Although for some reason it rarely ever happens now I'm 22 :(
5. The films Pride and Prejudice, Atonement, Shawshank Redemption and
6. If I have a problem, I sometimes open the Quran randomly. I've found it almost always opens at a very insightful iya, it's so comforting.
7. Clothes, bags, shoes.. in case you haven't noticed..
8. eBay, Amazon and ASOS - probably where I do 99% of my online shopping
9. Those clear, crisp, fresh mornings that you get in Autumn
10. When you get to the till and the thing is cheaper than you expected. I probably get a bit too happy to be honest.
11. If this blog was not about fashion, it would be about cars. I. Love. Cars.
If you have a blog and are bored, do this post and then link it in the comments, it'd be interesting to read other peoples! Also, I'm not feeling very inspired in the way of fashion post ideas, so if you have any please do them leave too. Hope you're all having a good weekend :)