03 January 2013

Review: Neva Style


I was recently sent 3 scarves to review from 'Neva Style', a Turkish hijab company that sells a wide range of polyester and silk scarves, mostly with lace detailing. 

Here are the three scarves I was sent:




All of them are a polyester and viscose mix, measuring 63 by 180cm. My favorite is this black and white one:



The quality of the scarves is very good. Good stitching, no loose threads, nice, soft fabric. An innate problem with the material though is that it creases very easily, which isn't good news for someone like me (i.e. lazy) who doesn't have the time or energy to iron a scarf. 


I really like the lace detailing and I think that it looks very chic on (check their website out for more photos). These are the sorts of scarves that could make a simple outfit look smart, Turkish style. One thing I'm not keen on is the shininess of the scarves, mainly because it means they slip off quite easily unless you wear an under-cap and use straight pins. 

These scarves go for around $25, depending on the style. Real silk versions sell for $50. I think these are reasonable prices. 


My mum took a liking to the red one so she nabbed it.. 


Overall I think that the scarves are nice, they are of a good quality and are reasonably priced. I recently wore the black and white one as a neck scarf with a plain hijab and a black blazer, I thought it looked good if I do say so myself. I would post a picture but I'm not into the idea of posting 'outfits of the day', not sure why. Anyway, I would highly recommend you take a look at their site, there is a massive selection of colours and some really nice Turkish outfit pictures. If you want to place an order, you can email them at info@neva-style.com

(Just to clarify, I do not and will never recommend a company that I would not purchase from myself. I actually don't respond to most of the review requests I get because if I think I'm not going to like the item or I think it's too overpriced, I'm not going to pretend to recommend something just because I was sent it.)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

salam,

I love the red one. good choices.

And I wanted to tell you, that one of my friend has a blog like yours so maybe if you want you can have a look and leave some comments. we're from france so sometimes it's written in french, but sometimes in english. Sorry if I bother you, but I really love your blog.

Bye..and Happy New Year even if we're not supposed to celebrate it ;)

Sybil said...


Asalamualakum
They look gorgeous , what would you pair them with ?

StylishMuslimah said...

Anon: Of course I'll check it out, just give me a link :) Glad you like the blog! And thanks, happy new year to you :) Muslims do actually celebrate it but I personally don't see why a new year is such a deal. Maybe I'm a party pooper!

Sybil: Smart, structured clothes, typical of the Turkish style works really nicely with these scarves. The sort of outfits the models on the website are wearing, I love that look :D

Salam x

Anonymous said...

hi,
I'm sorry I just completely forgot to give you the link.
So it's www.evedressing.blogspot.fr
Thanks again, salam :)

http://sorayyadesign.blogspot.com/ said...

Hey there, what happened to your last blog post about your fav blogger etc I was going to make a reply and see its gone? Hope alls ok?

StylishMuslimah said...

Sorayya: I'm so stupid I went to edit a sentence and then accidentally reverted it to a draft then when I went back to republish it half of it was missing.. so I decided to just not repost as I'm too busy with exams to rewrite it. Was quite annoyed because it took me ages to get all the videos on it :( It's not the first time this has happened with a post either. Anyway, sorry about that!
Salam x

Al-salaam alaikum said...

that last one (the crimson and black colored one) is a very beautiful hijab.

Laila said...

I don't have any red scarf, and I have never wear one but the one you are wearing is definitely georgeous!

Lucia♥ said...

Hey, i like your blog and love your pictures :)
you like to follow each other via gfc (and maybe bloglovin) ?
i would be happy :)

lovely greetings, lucia

http://lucci-gucci.blogspot.de/

Anonymous said...

I would love it if you could check out my new blog http://ifallahwills.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

I rarely buy a scarf that costs more than $15, but I recently bought 2 neva shawls. Love the texture and lace detail. I like your red one.