17 December 2008

Pakistani Hijab Style

The country I'll be focusing in on today is Pakistan and the first thing that I have noticed about their fashion is colour, colour and more colour. Their traditional salwar kameez comes in an array of lovely fabrics, designs and patterns. Here are some pics I found:

Ohh, I like the yellow and lilac scarves :D

Everyone has their own unique style and Pakistani hijab is no different:

Aww, I love that last photo, the colour of her hijab and tunic is so rich and suits her skin colour perfectly.

^That has to be my fave pic, you go fight crime girlfriends! Lol :) And my favorite thing about Pakistan is undoubtedly the wedding outfits the women wear, they're just soooo beautiful:

Omg, how nice is that henna, I've never seen it drawn like that before, it's usually smaller and more detailed, in the Arab world the nails are done as well in a dark henna. I'd love to get it done but I'm scared it'll go wrong and never come off..

And last but not least, there is no stopping the magnificent rainbow of colour from seeping onto the Pakistani runway either:
Ahh so nice, I adore the girly colur combo..shame about the (lack of) sleeves though

Wide leg trousers - Pakistani style :D

What great designs! I love Pakistani fashion, it's so bright and definatly unique. Hope you like it too!

This spread was done by request so if anyone wants me to do anymore countries, feel free to write it in the comments :)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! thanx for doing Pakistan. I love my country's style!

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry this sin't related to the post, but i'm so upset! looks at this!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081217/ap_on_re_us/muslim_headscarf_arrest

Almas Kiran Shamim said...

how wud u define indian hijab?????????????

Celeritas said...

I would love if you would do New Zealand, I know there wouldn't be heaps out there but I'm sure there'd be some.

Inspired Muslimah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Inspired Muslimah said...

Hey sis, you have been tagged by me!

http://newmuslimahrevert.blogspot.com/

ekantona said...

salam,

would you consider Malaysia? I see that you have featured 2 malaysian ladies in your Celebrity Steal Style, and i just can't wait to see more..

thanks

StylishMuslimah said...

Z - gosh thats awful but sadly not surprising :( ok I'll do India, New Zealand and Malaysia next Insha'Allah :D xx

Almas Kiran Shamim said...

:) :)
thanx :)
such a work load for u!!! lolz....
but plzzz do India.... :)
though i'm afraid twon't be much different from Pakistan... in fact one pic used here is of Indian models...
but, plzzzzzzzz :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

Short sleeved and sleeveless salwar kameez can be made long sleeved by most vendors for an extra fee. Or you can find matching fabric and do it yourself. I've done this for my salwar kameez outfits so they are suitable for namaaz.

Anonymous said...

Excuse me! I am surprised that the first pic you put up under Pakistani hijab is of world-famous tennis player Sania Mirza and her mother while they were in Mecca for 'umrah! Mirza is from Hyderabad, India, not Pakistan! (And if your google her name, you will see that she is a far cry from being a modestly-dressed Muslimah, what with cleavage and miniskirts on and off-court!) Please do your research before posting anyone's pictures!

StylishMuslimah said...

anon - lol oh sorry i thought she was pakistani considering shes wearing a 'i love pakistan flag' around her head. about doing the research, it actually takes quite a long time to find all these photos in the first place let alone checking that all the pics are have right. with regards to her modesty, this has nothing to do with me. she is a muslimah and this blog is for muslimahs. Thanks for your comments, i hope you continue reading my blog. zaenab xx

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't mean the first pic, I meant the one with the girl in a black abaya with the gray scarf with the lady in white. That is world-famous tennis player Sania Mirza, as I mentioned before, and for this reason at least I don't think any research was required. Her 'modesty' is a kind of joke in the subcontinent, because it caused quite a controversy and a few fatwahs against her! Wouldn't hurt to at least know something about the celebs whom you feature on your blog, if not the common people!

Anonymous said...

hey can u do 1 on bangladesh considering its one of the highly populated muslim countries in the world! lol!

Anonymous said...

More on the discourse on wearing hijab in Pakistan
http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/3794/burqa-bombs-and-intolerance/