30 March 2009

Yemeni Hijab Style

The next country I've explored the hijab style of is Yemen. Bordering both Saudi and Oman, I guessed the style would be a cross between the two countries and it kind of is:

Brightly coloured hijab, so pretty :D

Like in Saudi, a lot of women in Yemen wear the niqab, I think this version is nicer than black though:
Yemenis seem to have a hat fetish:

I love this next one, the hijab and hat combo is so graceful, especially with that bright pink scarf:

I love this pic :] I don't really know why tbh, I think it's the jeans

Cute hijabs, I love the purple one but I think I would set my chin free a bit more if I was wearing it lol:

Yemeni soldiers training to counter terrorists, you go girlies!

Check out their hijabified army outfits, so much nicer than the butch ones they make in other countries lol:

Jewish Yemenis, in some colourful outfits and half hijabified, loving the beads:

I'm so in love with this black Yemeni hena, have to get it done!

More around the world hijab style coming soon, Isha'Allah!

7 comments:

ARISTIONO NUGROHO said...

Assallamu'alaikum Wr. Wb.
Hi friend, peace...
Your blog very interesting.
If you willing visit or follow my blog please, "Sosiologi Dakwah" at http://sosiologidakwah.blogspot.com
Wassallamu'alaikum Wr. Wb.

Candice said...

Awesome pictures! I like that red and black niqab. Very stylish and cool!

Anonymous said...

I'm yemeni and tihs doesnt reflect mainstream culture at all. Where are the pics of mainstream culture and hijab there? None of these are actual yemeni rooted styles

Anonymous said...

interesting post!

Anonymous said...

Asalaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuh

Subhan'Allah, I am so in love with Yemen. INsha'Allah I hope I can visit that historic land someday, Tarim, Old Sana'a...

Masha'Allah, Love the Army Hijabi's, and Love the Niqabi. Does anyone know how to wear Niqab Yemeni Style?

zat said...

I like the style of the girl riding the horse. So modestly cool

desert demons said...

I love your posts on Hijab around the world, the pictures are lovely!