25 September 2008

The Wonderful Fusion Of Hippy/Gypsy/Hijabi Style

If there is a better combination of styles than hippy/gypsy/hijabi, I would like to know. I think it produces such beautiful and creative fashion that's perfectly modest and wearable. Here are a couple of photos to show you what I mean:

Great wide leg trousers:

The second photo is so pretty and I think it could easily be 'hijabified'.

Multi wrap scarves are a perfect way to start off the look as well a long flowing skirts or bold print dresses and lots of big beads. Colourful outfits are key and of course you have to look like you haven't tried too hard!

I have put together a few outfits together according to this style. Here they are:

I really love the hijab style in the first set and it's so easy and practical to carry. The multi wrap in the second set is stunning yet much less convenient in everyday life!
I hope you like this style as much as I do!

4 comments:

Celeritas said...

Great look for weekend or casual halaqa meeting. There are some great dip dye Indian skirts popping up here so I might try this look.

Ange said...

great pics!
i love lvoe love ur polyvore sets.. so FANTASTIC!!!!!

Inspired Muslimah said...

These sets are gorgeous Marhallah! I love the hijab the one sis has on in the bottom photo and I love the shirt in the top pic. Where can you buy that???

StylishMuslimah said...

Inspired Muslimah- the dress in the top pic is from www.to-dress.ru however i checked and its not an english site and it doesnt seem to sell the dress anymore! Sorry! :I
Zaenab