02 September 2009

Long Sleeve Maxi Dresses

I was browsing my faaavorite site ASOS today for some day dresses (they have the best range ever :D check out this post I did a while back about them) and noticed a new and unlikely mini trend: long sleeve maxi dresses..
I do like this one but I'd buy a size up to make sure the fabric isn't too clingy, it only £30.00, I know!!:

Nicole Richie is pictured here wearing the same dress:

I love this, it's £32.00:

But this is my favorite by far, it's also £30.00 :D but unfortunately at the moment all the sizes above 8 (UK) are out or stock :( and I was so ready to order..

Check out ASOS's complete range of day dresses here!

12 comments:

lala said...

only thing u gta remember to buy bigger size n wear something veerrry thin n cotton underneath cos jersey sticks to every nook n cranny of the body!! not a hijaban look

Unknown said...

love it style but very small for me, hehe...
if my body same with nicole..^_^

Azureen Azlan said...

wow,
i love maxi dress!
thanks for sharing :D

Azureen Azlan said...

oh,
btw link u in my blog :)

Sarah said...

Nothing hijab AT ALL about jersey - you can even see the curves on the rake-thin model!

StylishMuslimah said...

Sarah: I know jersey is a bit more of a risky material but I have said in the post it would be best to buy one size bigger and you can pull it off if you pair with a grand dad style cardigan or waist coat and a cotton slip underneath but obviously if that's your opinon then thats fine
Salam
Zaenab

StylishMuslimah said...

ween: thank you!! :D

iqa said...

salam. dat dress is so nice. where can i get it?

zoomzoom said...

cool. I want to find some cheap long sleeved maxi dresses. glad i found this blog. nice to see something stylish, yet non revealing for muslim girls. thanks.
salams

Anonymous said...

I was seriously interested in viewing the comments regarding this rather clingy, jersy dress with regards to Muslim garb. I was quickly reminded that proper English should be a concern of proper Muslim women - if you desire to have credibility when you give opinions.

StylishMuslimah said...

Anonymous: Indeed. But I would say that the real key to a credible comment is.. making a point.

Anonymous said...

Also @Anonymous: As English is not the first language of many people on this planet, and indeed many Muslims, proper English cannot truly be regarded as a quality for proper Muslims to reach for. English is nothing but another language. As long as one is communicating and making a point, one should be fine. I think it's rather comendable that these sisters are concerned with the proper dress - proper English makes no comparison.